Thursday, July 24, 2008

capricious and corybantic


minus is
a very intelligent and highly communicative creature
who had an appointment with the veterinarian today at 5pm.
at 4:30 she sauntered in to the living room, sniffed at her carrying case,
stuck her head in, sat down in front of it, and began to give herself
a little bath (it's like brushing your teeth before you go to the dentist).

i thought, cats are so clairvoyant. all you need to do is
let them know your plans ahead of time, and they're really quite accommodating.

fifteen minutes later minus had disappeared onto the next door neighbor's balcony,
and i was the one in need of medical attention.

2 comments:

Nicku said...

Hi Miranda,

My name is Nicku and I live in the states. I recently graduated from University and stumbled upon your blog from Doostang.com. I have read all of your posts and am in need of more stories. Please update your blog. I love to live vicariously through you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Do you have any advice for someone trying to work in Europe without belonging to the EU?

I am an American who has IVY degrees and I find the process daunting.

businessbap@yahoo.com